First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words.
What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its author or its prestige, we judged it by its opening lines? If you want to make your own post, feel free to use or edit the banner above, and follow the rules below:
- Pick a book off your shelf (it could be your current read or on your TBR) and open to the first page
- Copy the first few lines, but don’t give anything else about the book away just yet – you need to hook the reader first
- Finally… reveal the book!
Here we go…
The walls were pistachio.
A putrid shade of green appropriate for a hospital, but not for the specific ward she’d been admitted to.
Here going on forty-eight hours – though it felt like mere minutes – and already, Chloe Morgan hated the color pistachio.
As much as she hated him. And loved him, too.
- This book releases January 24th as part of Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward’s Cocky Hero Club world.
- The author is best known for her Love Happens series . . . although, this book was amazing – I seriously could not stop at the first lines, let alone put it down!
- It’s a second chance romance that is emotional and compelling.
Today’s First Lines came from Goodbye Guy by Jodi Watters!
He’s back. Jameson Maine.
The boy I used to love.
The man I love to hate. Hate like it’s a hobby. Like it’s my job.
Ironic, since love is my profession.
But with the passage of time, I’ve finally healed. Repaired the broken parts his betrayal shattered inside me, and silenced the haunting memories of what he took from me.
What he made me give up.
She’s still here. Chloe Morgan.
The girl I left behind.
The woman I can’t let go of. No matter how many miles. No matter how much time.
Annoying, since love is my nemesis.
But with the death of my father, I’m forced home. To finally face the ramshackle remains of my family’s estate, and the lying woman who broke my heart and ruined me for life.
Who’s ready to do so again.
Tears were shed, lies were spread, and secrets were kept that fateful summer ten years ago. But no longer. Now exposed, those skeletons rock our worlds all over again. But two things remain the same…
Find Goodbye Guy on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3sUikgT
What do you think of the first line of this book? Do you have a link to your First Line Friday? Link it down below so we can check it out!