First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words.
What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its author or its prestige, we judged it by its opening lines? If you want to make your own post, feel free to use or edit the banner above, and follow the rules below:
- Pick a book off your shelf (it could be your current read or on your TBR) and open to the first page
- Copy the first few lines, but don’t give anything else about the book away just yet – you need to hook the reader first
- Finally… reveal the book!
Here we go…
Walking down the narrow street, people unconsciously step out of my way. It’s as if their sixth sense tells them to move; danger’s approaching.
- This book is an opposites attract, lovers to enemies romantic suspense.
- Fans of the author have already met Carson at St. Monarch’s Academy.
- Carson is an assassin and Hailey is an American back packing through Europe.
Today’s First Lines came from Ruthless Saints from Michelle Heard!
I move in the shadow of death. I’m the villain. The monster everyone fears.
I’ve been born into a life of depravity and ruthlessness. It’s kill or be killed.
The moment she smiles at me, my world changes.
I keep coming back. Watching her brings me stolen moments of peace.
Until I can’t stay away…
She doesn’t know who I am, that she’s flirting with death.
Slowly we fall deeper until she loves the lies I’ve told her.
The danger that follows me, creeps closer and the façade I’ve built comes crashing down around us.
And lovers turn to enemies.
But there’s no going back for me.
I want her. I will have her.
She doesn’t have a choice.
Purchase Ruthless Saints on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3xhCMK9
What do you think of the first line of this book? Do you have a link to your First Line Friday? Link it down below so we can check it out!